January 13, 2022
A Spring Maintenance Checklist
The holidays have passed and the calendar has turned over to a new year, but the weather outside is still frightful. Yet before long, spring will have sprung, and things will again come to life outdoors.
With the changing of the seasons, however, comes plenty of work to make sure your home and property are ready for the upcoming spring and summer months.
To make things easy for you, Centers Healthcare has a spring maintenance checklist of nine items to take care of once things start thawing out, so you will be free to enjoy the nicer weather when it arrives.
- Check Your Home. Chances are you didn’t venture around the backyard or sides of your house for a while. Do a 360-degree tour of your property to check for any winter storm damage.
- Trim Trees. Have a professional come and trim or remove any trees that may be unhealthy and become a hazard.
- Inspect Outdoor Furniture and Play Equipment. Check your furniture, deck, and play equipment for signs of damage or rotting wood.
- Clean Gutters. Be ready for the rainy spring season with a clean path for that rainfall.
- Prep the Lawn. Place lawn fertilizers and weed killers after a dormant winter.
- Switch to Screens. If you use storm windows and doors during the winter months, put them away in favor of the screens.
- Ready Lawn Equipment. If you do your own lawn maintenance, check to be sure that blades are sharp and fluids are topped off.
- Replace Smoke Detector Batteries. Do this when we switch to daylight saving time, and also test your carbon monoxide detector.
- Have A/C Serviced. Get ready for the warmer months by having your air conditioner’s annual service done. It’s better to find out that there’s a problem now before you need the cool air.